Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Arrested for dreaming?

I was driving home from work when I was asked to pull over by a patrol car. Without wanting to create a scene, I pulled over and rolled down my window.

A few seconds later, a policeman came and asked me the usual- name, ID and walked around my car as if to find faults or something.

My mind was racing, my heart was beating fast. Was I on the phone? No. Did I took over a car? No. Did I drive dangerously? No.

I was in the middle lane, driving happily at 80 km/h. I don't think I did anything wrong.

When I finally could muster the courage to speak, I asked the policeman 'what's the matter? What did I do?'

He said 'you were dreaming'.

Are you kidding me?

'How did you know?' I asked.

The policeman showed me a device which he was holding behind his back the whole time. It looked like a hair dryer, but there's a screen attached to it. In the screen showed a few sinusidal waves on a black coloured grid.

He said 'this, is a dream catcher. We will be able to tell if there is anyone who is dreaming while driving'.

Unable to say anything, I just stared at him.

'You're guilty for dreaming of justin timberlake's abs and scarlett johansson's boobs', he continued.

Again, another blank stare. How did he know? Embarrassed, I looked down.

And then I felt myself smiling, realising that I was day dreaming about all of the above and told myself that I ought to blog this later. Haha.

So that's what this is about. This is one of my day dreaming series.

Thank you for your time ;)

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

1 comment:

hazim said...

haha, you are so funny b. you have a unique imagination lah. would be interesting if people can see what you are actually thinking kan? ntah apa yang keluar nanti. haha. you should be a writer :)