Friday, January 28, 2011
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Forget about your life situation for a while and pay attention to your life.
Your life situation exists in time. Your life is now.
Your life is real.
Find the "narrow gate that leads to life". It is called the Now. Narrow your life down to this moment. Your life situation may be full of problems - most life situations are - but find out if you have any problem at this moment.
Not tomorrow or in 10 minutes, but now. Do you have a problem now?
When you are full of problems, there is no room for anything new to enter, no room for solution. So whenever you can, make some room, create some space, so that you find the life underneath your life situation.
-Page 31, Practicing the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.
A MUST READ :)
Monday, November 22, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
In a letter to his wife Jai and his children, Dylan, Logan, and Chloe, he wrote this beautiful "guide to a better life" for his wife and children to follow.
May you be blessed by his insight.
POINTS ON HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR LIFE
1. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
2. Don't have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
3. Don't over do; keep your limits
4. Don't take yourself so seriously; no one else does
5. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip
6. Dream more while you are awake
7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
8. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner of his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present
11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you
12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
13. Smile and laugh more
14. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
15. Call your family often
16. Each day give something good to others
17. Forgive everyone for everything
18. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
19. Try to make at least three people smile each day
20. What other people think of you is none of your business
21. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Put GOD first in anything and everything that you think, say and do.
23. GOD heals everything
24. Do the right things
25. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
26. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
27. The best is yet to come
28. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful
29. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it
30. If you know GOD you will always be happy. So, be happy.
While you practice all of the above, share this knowledge with the people you love, people you school with,
people you play with, people you work with and people you live with.
Not only will it enrich YOUR life, but also that of those around you.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Wish I have all the time in the world to write them down.
Or just stare into space and enjoy watching the arrays of words dancing before my eyes.
Oh well :)
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.