Monday, June 2, 2008

tapir.

I had this debate a few weeks back, with the Rev about tapirs. I asked him what's tapir in English. His answer was tahpierrr (you know, tapir with the slang). I laughed and I didn't believe him. He turned out to be right. Damn, I hate it when he's right. And he is ALWAYS right.

Anyway, tapir in Malay is tenuk or cipan.

So hello, fellow students. Today we are going to learn about tapirs.

Tapirs are large browsing mammals, roughly pig-like in shape, with short, prehensile snouts. They inhabit jungle and forest regions of South America, Central America, and Southeast Asia. All four species of tapir are classified as endangered or vulnerable. Their closest relatives are the other odd-toed ungulates, including horses and rhinoceroses.

There are four tapir species:

Baird's Tapir

Mountain Tapir

Brazilian Tapir

Malayan Tapir

Malayan Tapir
-the ones that exist in Malaysia.

The Malayan Tapir, also called the Asian Tapir, is the largest of the four species of tapir and the only one native to Asia. The black and white pattern is for camouflage. Other animals usually mistake it for a large rock rather than a form of prey when it is lying down to sleep.

Class dismissed.

Okayy
, I seriously need to barf. They are effin' ugly. And why did I post about tapirs in the first place? For knowledge's sake. I may come off like a bimbo, but I'm not a bimbo. I like to expand my knowledge. And I was hoping I could help expand yours. Sorry this time it's about tapirs haha will post less gross things next time, promise.

*barfs*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hes not ALWAYS right

pehh

Anonymous said...

oh fyi its english name is

"pampers-Minimus"

cos the white patch lookis like pakai pampers

hiddie said...

hahahha mell!