Thursday, February 25, 2010

wish you well.

i stumbled upon this song on hushpls's facebook page this morning.
and fell in love with it.
the timing couldnt be more right.

dad usually kiss me every morning as i left for work.
but today he wasnt sitting outside, reading the newspaper. he was in bed.
i was hugging him when he said "im not well today, theres something wrong w my heart"
the goes my heart, thumping like crazy.
"i didnt managed to complete the 4 fours dialysis session yesterday, my heart was too weak. lasted only for 2 hours. need to go to the hospital again today, for check up"
i wanted to cry and hug him and just cry. i wish i could give him my health. i wish i could give him my strength. looking at his chest, breathing his short breath rapidly makes me want to die.
but i didnt do any of that.
i hugged him, just like always and say, "okay, i'll call you for updates later"
and left.

dad is a kidney failure patient. it happened almost 10 years ago. he has to go for dialysis sessions for every monday, wednesday and friday (4 hours per session).
i hate to admit that his health has deteriorated since.
whenever i see him struggle to climb up the stairs or to even stand up, i keep telling myself hes just old. its going to be okay.

but hes not going to be okay. hes not just old. he is sick.

gosh i wish i could turn back time. i know he wishes he could turn back time either.

anyway, this song kind of cheered me up.

wish you well by katie herzig.


get well soon, dad.
i love you.

1 comment:

Ruhani Rabin said...

This is pretty hard thing to do.. which is to see your parents in this situation.. knowing that it won't simply go away.. you can put yourself together and thrive for better because I am sure he will be proud of you.. And that could be the most important gift you can give to your parents.