Friday, July 4, 2008

Money does make the world go round.

And turned my world upside down. It's hard being home, after being away for 5 years. I was a Petronas scholar for the last five years where all of my study fees were paid for. The contract also included RM500 per month for pocket money. Pretty cool huh? The downside? I have to serve Petronas for 7 years. Yeah. Let's not talk about that.

Anyway, it was easier being away, money-wise. Dad usually bank in extra money without me asking, my good old dad :) No no no, I'm not a gold digger. You see, I drove home almost every weekend. Universiti Teknologi Perak (UTP for short) is two and half hours away (sometimes it just two hours away, depending on my mood ;) Most of my money was spent on fuel and tolls. So I needed the extra money. Dad usually gave more than I actually need so let's just say I had it easier back then.

So I've been loafing around for almost a month now, and Dad have been watching me under a microscope. He hugged me tight and said "You've been away for too long, I'm glad you're back" when I first got home with a truck load of junks in my car. We are kinda close and being a good daughter that I am, I usually ask for his permission before I go out of the house. And then came the interrogating session where I'll be bombarded with questions like where, who, how and most importantly when will I be back. He even give lectures involving sentences like "It's a cruel world out there", "Be careful of rapists" and "Don't ever stop if someone ran into you, just keep on driving" when he's free. Having said that, Dad knows exactly what my activities are and because he doesn't think it's important to socialize and hang out with friends on weekly basis, I don't get much moolah anymore :(

Which brings me to scout for jobs. My first job ever haha got a job at an Italian ice cream booth called Gelato-something-something. Gee, I can't even get the name right haha Anyway, it's 99% fat free! So to chubby ice cream lovers who just can't give up ice cream, you know where to go ;) It's on the Lower Ground of Subang Parade. I got the job as a part-timer and I get to choose my shift. Shift 1: 10am to 7pm, Shift 2: 2pm to 10pm. It's like the easiest job ever, all I have to do is sit around and entertain a few customers, wipe some stuff, do some calculation, yadda yadda. Pretty simple for a RM750 gig. But I decided not to take it cuz come on, I'll be bored shitless and I won't get to hang out with friends and watch movies every other day :p oh Handcock is gooooooooodddddddddd. Watch it.

Dad was curious, it is obviously unlike me to apply for a crappy job like this. I don't even wash my own dishes and I don't even make my own breakfast. I am kinda a spoilt brat :p Dad knows his daughter best :) Told him I need money to eat yummy food, socialize, watch movies, maybe shop a little bit, hair treatment etc etc. And he laughed at me. He said I won't last working at the ice cream booth and told me not to take it. Then he offered me a job. I have to be his freaking masseuse. And give him a glass of water whenever he wants it, switch on the tv, etc etc. It's the last thing I wanna do and I know he's going to have a lot of fun bullying me around but heyy, it's all about the money :p So here I am, Dad's masseuse aka his little bitch haha

No comments: